Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dachsunds, Zombie token

Yes, I'm sitting with the puppies right now! They are super cute...and fun to laugh at. They miss Selkie and it's making them a bit confused. Heinz and Gretel, my voice teacher's super cute furry-babies, are super amazing. Heinz is 8 and Gretel is 6, I think. Selkie renamed Gretel "Gert" or "Gertie." He usually talks to the dogs in a very high pitched tone, so I asked Gretel where she was in that tone, to see what she would do...




ZOMBIE TOKEN!



I just did this for fun. I like the tokens for several reasons:
1) I'm still learning, so if the paint is thick, it won't screw up your tournament rules.
2) the area on the card is large, like Zendikar lands. Bigger area means easier for me to paint!
3) It's easier for me to come up with a back story for the person or thing I'm painting, which makes it easier (in turn) for me to create.

I started with the eyes, actually. I hadn't planned on this card working like it had---really, she was meant to be a sort of hydrocephalic-zombie. But, the eyes and face started to look so balanced, but sad....and calm. In my mind, she became this person whose fear wasn't absorbing her; no, she had resigned herself to the fate at hand. She was done in only black and white, except the tears and irises. The tears are a copper Lumiere paint and I thought it could look like she was crying blood. If the aberration in the back had already sunk his teeth into her skull, she could be completely pale and dead, and the tears really were her leaking brains.

Gross, huh?

I'm pretty happy with it, especially since I'm still learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment